Thursday, May 7, 2009

Arrival




I have arrived in Brussels, and I'm at my friends Leilani & Lauren's apartment hanging out etc while they work. I've been told to take a nap but I thought I'd give you all your long awaited update.

I didn't get much sleep the night before I flew away from Utah, because I was packing and organizing and cleaning stuff and sitting around.

I left pretty early for the airport, then flew to Newark and from Newark from Belgium. It wasn't that bad of a flight at all. I didn't go to sleep, but I got a nice amount of reading done and and a nice amount of thinking about various things. At around 6:00am Brussels time:




After this, as we were starting to descend into the fantasy fairy kingdom that is Belgium, I started to severely regret not having finished Walden. I had really counted on that and now it's messing up all my plans. Also, I don't want to read about America while I'm in Europe.

In any event, I found the appropriate trains and buses and sidewalks from the airport to Leilani's apartment, where she had hid her key in a big planter next to the front entrance, meaning I had to jump up and walk around the plants on the cement bricks, and literally walk around in the dirt to find them which I finally did.

We went downtown to buy some waffles for dinner (see above.) They put too much slippery whipped cream on top of those things.



Yes, directly on my shoe ... chocolate side down.
Anyway it's been fun so far. More later


Ingrid

P.S. Lauren & Lani's blog: http://lauren-lani.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Lani's proudly representing the cougs over there. I'm also glad that you dropped a waffle on your shoe. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete