Wednesday, August 5, 2009

damien visits

This week my friend Damien came to visit. We were planning on going to Morocco but his credit card information was messed up or something so he couldn't pay for his ticket. So, I've just been showing him around, but I've never been so homesick in my life and all I want to do is go home. I've been really moody and reclusive which really hasn't been fun for Damien ... sorry Damien. He says that I've lost my sense of humor. He realized that I wouldn't be up to much and decided to go out by himself while hide by myself at home and read Simone de Beauvoir. Reight now he is at the Louvre, then he's going to Sacre Coeur and to see Moulin Rouge. I've already seen all these places a bunch of times. I feel a little bit bad but not really. I'm going out to show him some of my favorite places every night. Tonight we are going to the Pompidou (YESS,) and tomorrow we are going to the Musée Rodin and Galignani, that great English bookstore, where I'm making Damien buy On the Road. He'll love it. Here are some pictures of what we have been up to.




Oh, first of all I moved out of my apartment into Kate's which has been GREAT. I get a huge comforter in a huge room, there's a real shower, a new kitchen, and a BALCONY. This is the view.


Here's the Tuileries.
Damien loved all the statues.

Then we went to Shakespeare and Co. I bought the Second Sex, which apparently was translated into English right after it came out, and it is a bad translation that misses the point of the book. I decided to buy it in English anyway, to see what's up, then I'll read my French version when I have more time so I can really understand what she wants to say.

GOLD FERRARI
We went to see an opera singer sing Ave Marias and other songs in the oldest church in Paris, next to Notre Dame. It was beautiful. I bought the CD.
Barbies...
Eatin Falafel in the Marais (Jewish district.)

2 comments:

  1. ingrid, i got superhomesick when i was in china so i've just gotta say, i know the feeling. BUT! You should not be so homesick! you only have a few days left right? i promise you're not missing much back here, i'm sure once you're back you're going to miss paris just as much. milk it while you still can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIVERNY! GIVERNY! GIVERNY!

    ReplyDelete