Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tour de France

On Sunday Kate, Seven, Drew and I went up to the Champs-Elysées to see the last stage of the Tour de France. Kate and Drew showed up early and scored us a nice spot while I slept in a bit. I need my beauty sleep. When I got up there I found them sitting on the cement playing Gin Rummy or something like that. (Right?) Then I thought I would be clever and teach them this awesome game I used to play with my dad, turns out I forgot all the rules and they ended up teaching it back to me. Embarassing. Sometimes I pretend to know things that I don't.

Pretty soon Seven showed up. We stood around for about 2 hours waiting for the fun to begin! It was pretty hot and hard standing crammed between so many people for such a span of time. I walked up the street a bit and got ice cream, found an ATM that probably charged me 50% for the withdrawel and bought THE TOUR DE FRANCE OFFICIAL KIT!

I won't reveal what is inside tthe Official Kit because I'm going to give it to my little brothers as a present. Ok fine, inside the bag there is a t-shirt, a hat, and a little teddy bear keychain that's pretty sweet. (Too cute.) And maybe some little stickers or something, I forgot.

Still waiting. The sponsers had cute little floats that the drove around before the bikes came. There's a carrefour van. Just so everyone knows, Carrefour is the grocery store that Lani and Lauren go to in Belgium. Every time they came to Paris they let me know that they have to same grocery store and they saw an ad here for it. Pretty cool guys.


FINALLY the cyclists came. It was very, very cool to see in real life. Critical mass x 100. There were about 8 different groups that came by and I promise that I took about 10 pictures of each group, as I uploaded them later on my computer to my dismay I found that they all looked exactly the same. Anyway:Pretty great. I was lucky to be able to be here for the big event.

1 comment:

  1. Ingrid, you are soooo lucky! Hans Peter and I watched the final day all three times it aired on TV. Hans Peter and Anders (not so much) are very excited to see what's in the Tour de France official kit. I hope there's something little for me too!

    ReplyDelete