Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Visitors

Leilani and Lauren came down from Belgium this weekend for a little visit. However hard it was to rip myself away from my Napoleon books, I'm glad they came. I'm not really kidding about that.
On Sunday we went to the Louvre.
That would be me and Lani getting excited to see some art.
We only had an hour and a half, unfortunately. Besides the huge paintings of Napoleon's coronation by Jean-Jacques David, this was definitely the highlight:
That is one of my favorite sculptures--"Cupid & Psyche" by Antonio Canova. Great picture taken by Lani.
Of course after the museum we went to the bookstore where I bought this:
No one else is allowed to use it.
We also spent a lot of time outside the Louvre in the Jardin de Tuileries, one of my favorite places in Paris. Very relaxing. As you can see here I was lucky and got one of the reclining chairs.L&L left yesterday morning and I miss them.
In other news, turns out the German babe that also interns at my office is studying Comparative Literature in Berlin. We discuss literary theory in Franglais over filing papers. Just kidding. Kind of.

1 comment: