Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A ton of pictures.

Here are a bunch of pictures of things recently. Please see each subheading for description.

That would be moi at Grand Trianon, Versailles. The wealth that went into this place is unbelievable ... to think that Louis xiv had so much money he could build this place "to take light meals" is just disgusting. I couldn't even afford to see it, I had to climb over a wall. Sad.


Grand Trianon



Notre Dame Cathedral. Many of you may know this as the setting of the popular Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame, (we won't talk about how I had crushes on certain animated characters in that movie when I was little,) or of the perhaps lesser known novel of the same title. This is also where Napoleon Bonaparte crowned himself Emporer in 1804. (Click here.)



...and there he is, our favorite military political leader.




This is possible my favorite sculpture at the Louvre, "Psyché ranimée par le baiser de l'amour" by Antonio Canova. Sorry I'm not sure what the English title is. You could wordreference that if you don't speak French I guess.




A nice candid of me learning about mideval castles at the Louvre.




A little romance in front of the Eiffle Tower.




In rememberence of Jim Morrison ... everyone wrote on the sepulchre closest to his grave because there was a little gate around his tombstone.




My favorite song by The Doors ...




There he is.




There's nothing to be said about this one.




Me, Lani & Lauren playing in the big fountain in Amsterdam.




Antics.




Iamsterdam.




Like my coat?




Catching up on a little sleep while Lani and Lauren were looking at boring political buildings that political science kind of people like.




Lani, so excited.




Haribo gummy things, so delicious.




Gahaha ... Lauren and Vladimir. I found this in my iPhoto after I uploaded the pictures from Lauren's iPhone. Heheheheh.

Anyway, there you go. Now you are all updated. I'm incredibly homesick so I like to think everyone is voraciously reading my blog and missing me. :(

4 comments:

  1. I'm living vicariously through you while I sit at work and read your blog :) we do miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had tons of $$$$$ and could come visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need spell check. Eiffle tower? Please. We miss you, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hans Peter says: YES! We miss you very much. At least I do . . . just kidding. We all do. You're our favorite sister.

    ReplyDelete