Thursday, June 18, 2009

french lesson

This week has been très bien (TRAY-byen) because I have had minimal amounts of difficult work and also the opportunity to go to the Musée Rodin (Moo-say ro-DAN) to buy some books I need for my research paper on La Porte l'Enfer (Luh port lawn-FAIR.) Some people call this work of sculpture The Gates of Hell. I look forward to writing this paper and spent awhile admiring the huge sculpture in the garden.
Today, I awoke and came to work at 930 am. I walked over to a foyer (FOY-ay) to give them a cheque (CHE-CK) to pay for a room for a girl who will be coming to work with us from BYU this friday. On my way back, I took a little detour to a vintage jewelry store where I bought a turquoise ring. Then, I came back for un break (UHN brayke) for lunch. I took my book over to a little cafe (CAFF-ay) where I ate a crepe with champignons (SHAM-peen-yon) and some tea. Now I have returned to work and have been doing some very important work on gmail (jshee-MEHL) and facebook (fayce-BOOHK.) Tomorrow Stephanie comes into town from BYU and I will have another intern here with me to take some of the workload off. This weekend I have no plans and thus nothing to report as for future activities. Au revoir. (OH-rrvWAH)

2 comments:

  1. Ingrid,

    Can you travel out of town on the train? There are some great one day visits you could do.

    We're thinking of you. More pictures?

    FAR FAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fit in the Paris scene with utter perfection. I am excited to hear of your adventures, lazy days, and anything inbetween.

    xo

    ReplyDelete