Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hello friends and family,

Only a few weeks until I venture across the seas to l'hexagone, otherwise known as the French Republic or, as they say in Germany, Frankreich. ... a little place I like to call FRANCE.

My official date of departure is May the 5th. My plane will stop in Dublin, which I think will be quite nice. Dr. Lebras, the head of the French department here at BYU is helping me get everything in order and ready to go. He has given me a list of a few books to read about French culture--good plane reading material, he says. I'm not sure though, most of the titles are cheesy and/or embarassing. I need to appear like I know what I'm doing and look down on these things. Something tells me this is befitting to a real Parisienne.

I will be living in my own apartment until the middle of June, when I will be joined by two other young ladies who are also part of the BYU french program. The apartment is located in the 11e arrondissement, on Rue Parmentier--I checked it out on google earth. There are many surrounding trees and parks.

More following soon. Don't worry, ardent readers ... I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. ah so this is what you have been doing in the keycode room....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have fun, Ingrid.

    -Anders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip and let us know when your settled in.

    Far Far

    ReplyDelete